Thursday, February 28, 2008

Time Sure Flys When You are Having Fun!

Hi everyone! I seriously cannot believe it has been ten years! Wow! I look back with very fond memories of our experience at Badger Creek and Vashon Island. Probably the greatest thing about that program was the friendships that we all made. I am so excited to see what everyone else has been up to, and to catch up!

Here are some of the fun things I have been doing over the last ten years...

After "the program" I continued at Ricks until the summer of 1999, then I transferred to UVSC and majored in English-Creative Writing.

I served in the Italy Catania Mission from October 2001-May 2003. This one experience I consider the jumping off point for my life. Everything great that has happened to me has come from serving a mission. I loved it.
Speaking of good things that happened to me from serving a mission...
I met my husband Todd in the MTC. We actually started the same day! We went to Italy and we served together in the same city for the first two transfers of our missions. Todd and I were like oil and water at the beginning of our missions, we didn't mix well. :) After our first city we both were transferred and I never thought I would see him again. We ended up serving on the island of Malta for 9 months together and towards the end of my mission when he was my zone leader, we became very good friends. Such good of friends, after returning home from my mission I realized that I couldn't imagine my life without him in it. We wrote for the remainder of his mission and when he got home we quickly fell in love. We were married in the Salt Lake Temple on May 15, 2004.

Thatcher joined our family in March 2005 and Taggart in September 2006. They are 17 months apart, which has been fun for them and busy for me! I absolutely LOVE having two boys, and love being a Mom. It is all I have ever wanted to be, and I am grateful for such great kiddos.

We now live in Tucson, Arizona where my husband is an Electrical Engineer and I am a Stay at Home Mom. My days are filled with tantrums, dishes, Playhouse Disney, wrestling, bath time, nap time, snack time, vacuuming, hugs, cleaning, tears, Elmo, picking up toys for the millionth time, playgroups, kisses, cooking, and playing...and I wouldn't have it any other way!

Can't wait to hear from all of you!

--Rachael

2 comments:

Annie and Jake Callister said...

Rach....you found kimii!!!!! thank you and now that we have a mascot, our club is official!

Now someone else besides you and I need to be part of the club :)

Kelli and Chad said...

I am so glad you started this blog! Now we have to track everyone else down. And then we should have a reunion, that would be so cool. We should make a trip to my mission again, my husband is unstoppable at catan though, it can be annoying.