Thursday, February 28, 2008


What a total and complete Shock!! It is so fun to see everyone again. Can you believe it has been 10 years!!! Remember how I was the only one who was not 18 yet and I had to have written parental consent to go on the canoe trip?! Wow.

Now for the update on the last 10 years of my life...oh wow. After "The Program," I finished at Ricks and then Transfered to BYU-Hawaii on a full-ride. That was incredible. While in Hawaii I received my mission call to the Paraguay Asuncion North Mission and went through the temple out in my Hawaiian Paradise. I left shortly after graduation in 2002. My mission in Paraguay was a major defining moment for my life. I have missed it tremendously, and in some small way I feel like not all of me came home because part of me is still there. When I got back I continued to work as a counselor for EFY and later became a field Coordinator for the program.

I currently live in Provo. (I know, I became a Utard). I teach 3rd and 4th grade at a private school called Kids Village. I'm currently serving as the RSP of a singles ward. I use singles ward timidly because I'm pretty sure I'm one of the only ones from OLC/Vashon who is still not married. I look forward to that day, but in the mean time, I have kept myself busy working and traveling amongst other things. Recently I have traveled to New York, Italy, Spain, Hawaii, Disneyland, Texas, Vegas, and I'm headed out to Puerto Rico for 8 days in April. I'm super excited for that. I can't wait to hear more about your lives. Thanks for finding me!

4 comments:

Rachael said...

Carrie...thanks so much for posting! It is so fun to see what you have been up to! I totally know what you mean about your mission, that you feel like part of you is still there! I feel the same way. It sounds like you are having a blast!

Kelli and Chad said...

Carrie, it is great to hear from you. Sounds like you have done some great things. Lots of us have been on missions, that is awesome. So you probably get this alot, you are just so cute, and would be perfect for my brother. He lives in Salt Lake. I hope that doesn't bug you that I am asking if you might consider a date. Email me if you are at all interested, no pressure! my adress is candkhessing@msn.com.

Annie and Jake Callister said...

kelli's brother is really cute Carrie. You should take a chance!!

Carrie, one of my favorite memories of you happens to be after the program when I called your apartment and you (or a roomate) answered, "Celestial Kingdom. Why aren't you here?" I almost died and have told that story many times.

Anyway, your life seems great and it's o.k if you live in provo. we won't judge...too much :)

Annie

Carrie Drake said...

I love you guys! I am totally open to set ups. It doesn't bother me at all. Thanks for writing back.

P.S. Annie, I had totally forgotten about that phone call. That's awesome. Ha.
p.p.s. my blog is carrielanedrake.blogspot.com